Most frequent questions and answers
We encourage you to bring the following:
- Swimsuit/Clothes that you don’t mind getting a little wet.
- The paddles will drip a little bit of water into the boat so a change of clothes may be necessary afterwards.
- Please apply prior to entering the boat and allow it to dry as best as possible.
- Shoes that can get wet/sandals (we do not allow these to be worn in the boat as they may scratch the kayaks).
- Towel for after the trip.
- Ziplock bag to store any items you wish to take on the boat.
- Any extra gear you’d like. Remember- the less gear, the more visibility through the kayak.
- For bioluminescent tips:
- GoPro’s/iPhone’s/DSLR’s often are not able to capture the bioluminescent on camera unless they have extreme low-light capabilities.
- Bug spray (we suggest long sleeves + pants for bioluminescent)
- Please use DRY bug spray prior to entering the boat and allow it to dry as the spray can damage the clear kayak and viewing experience for future guests.
- Expect to see some nature, wildlife/marine life and learn about the surrounding area.
- Every tour is given on one of our 100% clear kayaks.
- Our fleet is small (5 kayaks) so expect an exclusive experience (no more than 10 people at a time).
- Private tours are available per request.
- Our guides are always helpful and entertaining (and they love tips).
- Be prepared to have fun.
Children are allowed but required by law at age 7 or under to wear life jackets at all times on the water. The ability of your child to sit in a kayak for the duration of our tour is completely up to the parent. We do require children that are 50 pounds or under to bring their own life jacket as the size is very specific and safety is of utmost important.
Our tours are made for any skill levels to participate, we will have basic tips and tricks to help you maneuver the waterways. Some paddling may be considered intermediate but we try our best to paddle at a pace that is convenient for every paddler! We do require all guests to stay with the group.
This is completely up to you. If you feel as though the experience executed by the guide is worthy of a tip, please do! Tips are greatly appreciated. We like to say, “If you enjoyed your ride, tip your guide”!
Our weight limit is no more than 250 pounds per person and no more than 425 pounds per 2 people that are in the same kayak. All of our kayaks are double kayaks. Please let us know while making your booking if this may be an issue.
Our 100% see through kayaks are made of GE™ Lexan™ 6mm which is commonly used in bulletproof glass, fighter jet canopies, and submarine viewports!
Get In Touch
available from 9am-5pm
Address 3212 River Rd, Frankfort, MI, 49635