Crystal River Manatee Season Tours
November 15-March 31
Begin booking for the Fall 2020/Winter 2021 Manatee Season (starting November 15th 2020).
We're open! We practice social distancing and have enhanced cleaning measures in place. Book below!
This is a manatee lovers dream paddle! From November 15th to March 31st manatee LOVE to use Crystal River as their sanctuary due to warmer water temperatures from the springs.
This tour is ALL about finding the best manatee spots and utilizing our clear kayaks to give you the best view possible without getting wet!
Crystal River is known as the “Manatee Capital of the World” and this tour is the perfect way to see these creatures in their natural habitat.
Between November and March, hundreds of manatees migrate inland to the springs to seek refuge and stay warm. This 2-2.5 hour guided adventure includes a relaxed paddle through Kings Bay to Hunter Springs, Jurassic Springs, and beyond in Crystal River.
Our experienced guides will try their best to take you to the spots where the manatee are most active. While they are our main focus of this tour, we often see dolphins, fish, turtles, birds, and more!
Check this unique paddle off your manatee bucket list today!
Our clear kayak adventures are guided eco tours only, we do not offer rentals at
- Swimsuit/Clothes that you don’t mind getting a little wet.
o We may have the opportunity to get out and swim in the refreshing spring
waters so wearing a bathing suit is advisable!
– Water bottle if desired!
– Sunscreen/sunglasses/hat for skin safety
o Please apply prior to entering the boat and allow it to dry as best as
– Shoes that can get wet/sandals (we do not allow these to be worn in the boat as
they may scratch the kayaks). We will bring these in the back of your kayak with
you in case you’d like to wear them while walking on the sandy bottom or rocks.
– Towel for after the trip.
– Change of clothes for after the trip if desired.
– Ziplock bag to store any items you wish to take on the boat if necessary. We will
also have dry bags available but this is just an extra precaution to keep your
items from getting wet!
– Any extra gear you’d like. Remember- the less gear, the more visibility through
– Disposable containers (Cans, plastic, glass, plastic foam or paper)
– Any alcoholic beverages
– Oil based liquids (Sunscreen, Lotion etc.)
– Tobacco products
– Get ready to have some fun! This is a relaxed tour, so no need to feel nervous if
you have never kayaked before.
– Every tour is given on one of our 100% clear tandem (double) kayaks.
– Our fleet is small (5 kayaks) so expect an exclusive experience (no more than 10
people at a time). Larger parties may be available by request.
– We charge per person/seat. You will be in a kayak with another member of your
party or the guide depending on numbers! For questions regarding a solo kayak,
please call (352) 834-1556
– Our guides are always helpful and entertaining (and they love tips)! They do their
best to show you Florida’s nature and wildlife/marine life while informing you
about the surrounding area.
– Upon completing your reservation, you will receive an email with the
information you need to know about the tour (where/when to meet, what to
– We cannot guarantee the sighting of any manatee (even in the middle of
manatee season in November – March).
– The manatees come and go with changing weather conditions. The most
important factor is air + water temperatures. If the air temperature is cold typically
there will be more manatees along our paddle.
– Crystal River is a manatee sanctuary so chances are high that you will see them,
we just cannot guarantee it. Our guides know the best spots to find them and
that’s where we’ll take you!
– We cannot guarantee manatee sightings, especially outside of manatee season (November 15 th – March 31 st ). During our Three Sisters Springs Tour, our tour is focused on the beauty of the springs. If you are interested in our Manatee Season Tours, please click here for future availability!
– No swimming will be allowed on our Manatee Tour.
– Trips that are canceled by Get Up And Go Kayaking due to inclement weather,
will be rescheduled or refunded.
– Reservations that are cancelled 48 hours or more before a scheduled trip will not
be charged. Those that are cancelled or in need of rescheduling within the 48
hour window of departure will be charged full price.
– No-show participants will be charged full price unless cancelled outside of 48
hours. This includes showing up with less paddlers than the original amount
– **Get Up And Go Kayaking will not launch in unsafe weather conditions. Because
of this, trips may need to be cancelled or rescheduled due to safety issues. If this
is the case, your reservation will be refunded in full (if it has already been paid).
We will not be held responsible for any reservation that you fail to keep due to
any unforeseen circumstances. We also reserve the right to change or cancel
any tours due to circumstances beyond our control. In this instance, Get Up And
Go Kayaking can refund the tour price, not any other expenses that may have
– We charge $25 per kayak to join our tour. Please call (352) 834-1556 if you
would like to book for a future tour!
BEST PLACES IN FLORIDA TO VIEW MANATEES Manatees are some of the most popular marine life in Florida and people travel from all over the world to see them in the wild. Here are 5 of the top places to see manatees in Florida! #5 Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
Get In Touch
available from 8:00am – 5:00pm