Shell Key Clear Kayak Tours
- DAYTIME Tours
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 11 & Under
- GLOW Tours Nighttime tours
- Per Person Ages 12 & Up
Enjoy a Clear Kayaking Adventure through the Shell Key Preserve— just outside of Tampa Bay & St. Pete Beach!
Along this paddle be on the lookout for manatee, dolphin, pelicans, starfish, conch, and other local marine life!
Our eco-guided Shell Key Preserve kayak tour has several picturesque stops along the way where you will hear a bit about local wildlife, marine life, and plant life! You will even have the opportunity to get up close to Florida’s natural mangroves and to hop out along a sandy shoreline or sandbar based on the tide!
Take a NIGHTTIME clear kayak adventure, featuring underwater LED lights in your clear kayak. Your tour guide will lead the way as we paddle through the waters of Shell Key Preserve while looking for wildlife, taking in the stars, and lighting up the water beneath you! The tour takes place in the darkness, and there may be some surprise visits from wildlife. We recommend wearing long sleeve and/or long pants, with bug spray underneath your clothing to deter mosquitoes.
This is an incredibly unique tour where we’ll search for manatee, fish, birds, and more with the LED lights igniting the water way as we paddle. These lights illuminate the waters under the kayaks. Your tour guide will lead the way on a true adventure through Shell Key Preserve.
Experience a once in a lifetime adventure underneath the stars!
Shell Key Clear Kayaking FAQ's
- Reservations are required for all tours.
- There is a $1.00 toll, payable by Cash, Coins, or SunPass on your way to the launch site.
- Pets are prohibited throughout Shell Key Preserve by order of Pinellas County.
- Alcohol is prohibited throughout Shell Key Preserve by order of Pinellas County.
We encourage you to bring the following:
- Swimsuit/Clothes that you don’t mind getting a little wet.
- Shoes that can get wet/sandals
- Towel for after the trip.
- Reusable water bottle
- Any extra gear you’d like. Remember- the less gear, the more visibility through the kayak.
- Every tour is given on one of our 100% clear kayaks.
- Our fleet is small (5 kayaks) so expect an exclusive experience (no more than 10 people at a time).
- Private tours are available per request.
- Our guides are always helpful and entertaining (and they love tips).
- Yes, children are allowed on the daytime tours
- Children 6 and under are required by law to wear a life jacket at all times while on the water.
- The ability of your child to sit in a kayak for the duration of daytime tour is completely up to the parent.
- We require children 30 pounds or under to bring their own life jacket as the size is very specific and safety is of utmost important.
Our tours are made for any skill levels to participate, we will have basic tips and tricks to help you maneuver the waterways. Some paddling may be considered intermediate but we try our best to paddle at a pace that is convenient for every paddler! We do require all guests to stay with the group. We also ask that all guests have upper body mobility and capacity to walk up and down steps to enter/exit kayaks.
Tips are greatly appreciated. We like to say, “If you enjoyed your ride, tip your guide!”
Standard US gratuity is 20%!
YES! Our weight limit is no more than 250 pounds per person and no more than 425 pounds per 2 people that are in the same kayak. All of our kayaks are double kayaks. Unfortunately our kayak manufacturer has given us this strict limit of 250 pounds per person and we cannot exceed this limit.
Each of our kayaks are tandem (made for 2 paddlers). However, the seats are removable and if you have an odd number of paddlers in your party we are able to accommodate the kayak as a single.
Keep in mind, the same 250 pound PER person weight limit still applies even if taking a kayak out as a single.
Trips that are canceled by Get Up And Go Kayaking due to inclement weather, will be rescheduled or refunded.
Reservations that are cancelled 48 hours or more before a scheduled trip will not be charged. Those that are cancelled or in need of rescheduling within the 48 hour window of departure time will be charged full price.
No-show participants will be charged full price unless cancelled outside of 48 hours. This includes showing up with less paddlers than the original amount booked for.
Get Up And Go Kayaking will not launch in unsafe weather conditions. Because of this, trips may need to be cancelled or rescheduled due to safety issues. If this is the case, your reservation will be refunded in full (if it has already been paid). We will not be held responsible for any reservation that you fail to keep due to any unforeseen circumstances. We also reserve the right to change or cancel any tours due to circumstances beyond our control. In this instance, Get Up And Go Kayaking can refund the tour price, not any other expenses that may have been incurred.