TAKE A PADDLE THROUGH THE CRYSTALLINE WATERS OF RAINBOW SPRINGS!
This paddle is what any outdoor enthusiast or adventure-seeker is looking for.
Year round we experience over 14 different type of birds, fish, turtles, otters, alligators, and other wildlife.
The best part of it all, is that you have a chance to see some of these directly below your Clear Kayak!
COVID-19 OPERATIONS ALERT: At the recommendation of Marion County, we have temporarily paused offering kayak tours in Rainbow Springs until further notice. Please contact us below with any questions.
You have the opportunity to take a quick swim along our 2-2.5 hour paddle! We encourage taking a splash into the fresh spring water! Clear kayaking in Rainbow Springs is the best way to adventure these amazing waterways!
Our Clear Kayaks are not like any other! These are 100% clear kayaks, made of 100% GE™ Lexan™ 6mm,
commonly used in bulletproof glass and submarine viewports!
CHECK OFF ANOTHER GREAT PADDLE BY ADVENTURING INTO RAINBOW SPRINGS.
KP Hole Park
9435 SW 190th Avenue Rd, Dunnellon, FL 34432
TOURS START AT:
*Customers are responsible for KP Hole Park admission ($5 per person). Check in at the main entrance and mention you are with Get Up And Go Kayaking. They will direct you to the boat ramp where you will meet your guide!*
Give the gift of adventure by purchasing a gift card to Rainbow Springs!
Learn more about our Rainbow Springs tours here:
Top 5 Things to do During Your Visit to Rainbow Springs We often get asked about other fun things to do in the Rainbow Springs area so we’ve come up with our top 5 list to help you plan your trip! Visit Rainbow Springs State Park Exploring Rainbow Springs State
| Clear Kayaking At Rainbow Springs | The scenery is breathtaking, and a serene quietness is setting in as you enjoy nature at its prime. We embark on our Rainbow River adventure at our launch location of KP Hole. Right as we take our first few paddles we are able
Get In Touch
available from 8:00am – 5:00pm
Launch Address 9435 SW 190th Avenue Rd, Dunnellon, FL 34432
We encourage you to bring the following:
- Water in a reusable bottle (plastic not permitted).
- Swimsuit/Clothes that you don’t mind getting a little wet.
- The paddles will drip a little bit of water into the boat so a change of clothes may be necessary afterwards. We will also have the opportunity to get out in shallow areas to enjoy the natural spring water.
- Please apply prior to entering the boat and allow it to dry as best as possible.
- Shoes that can get wet/sandals (we do not allow these to be worn in the boat as they may scratch the kayaks). We will bring these in the back of your kayak with you in case you’d like to wear them while walking on the sandy bottom.
- Towel for after the trip.
- Change of clothes for after the trip.
- Ziplock bag to store any items you wish to take on the boat. We will also have dry bags available but this is just an extra precaution to keep your items from getting wet.
- Any extra gear you’d like. Remember- the less gear, the more visibility through the kayak.
DISPOSABLE CONTAINERS (Cans, plastic, glass, plastic foam or paper)
ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
OIL BASED LIQUIDS (Sunscreen, Lotion etc.)
- Expect to see some nature, wildlife/marine life and learn about the surrounding area.
- Every tour is given on one of our 100% clear kayaks.
- Our fleet is small (5 kayaks) so expect an exclusive experience (no more than 10 people at a time).
- Private tours are available per request (starting cost is $400).
- Our guides are always helpful and entertaining (and they love tips).
- Be prepared to have fun.
Children are allowed but required by law at age 7 or under to wear life jackets at all times on the water. The ability of your child to sit in a kayak for the duration of our tour is completely up to the parent. We do require children that are 50 pounds or under to bring their own life jacket as the size is very specific and safety is of utmost important.
Our tours are made for any skill levels to participate, we will have basic tips and tricks to help you maneuver the waterways. Some paddling may be considered intermediate based on wind and water conditions but we try our best to paddle at a pace that is convenient for every paddler! We do require all guests to stay with the group.
This is completely up to you. If you feel as though the experience executed by the guide is worthy of a tip, please do! Tips are greatly appreciated. We like to say, “If you enjoyed your ride, tip your guide”!
Our weight limit is no more than 250 pounds per person and no more than 425 pounds per 2 people that are in the same kayak. All of our kayaks are double kayaks. Please let us know while making your booking if this may be an issue.
Since all of our kayaks are tandem we would ask that you paddle with your partner. However, if you have an odd amount of guests in your party, the odd person out will have the opportunity to take a kayak by him/herself.
You bet! There are some great opportunities to get out along the shoreline or shallow areas to get out and enjoy the crystal clear spring water while also grabbing some awesome photos!
We only cancel a tour if there is unsafe weather conditions. If the tour is cancelled for safety reasons (bad weather) you will be refunded in full or allowed to reschedule for no additional costs. If conditions are safe and it is only some rain we will continue the paddle as scheduled. We will not paddle if there is lightning in the area. Get Up And Go Kayaking will make the decision on cancelling. Often times this may be a last minute decision but we try our best to give guests as much time as possible prior to the trip if it will need to be cancelled or rescheduled.
We are dog friendly!
We love our fur friends as much as you do, and would love for your both to join us on a tour! If you do plan to bring your dog along on one of our tours, we ask that you please adhere to the following rules:
1. Dogs must remain on a leash when arriving at KP Hole Park (our Rainbow Springs launch location).
2. Upon arriving at KP Hole, please inform the gate attendant that you are here for a tour with Get Up And Go Kayaking, and will only remain within the kayak launch area with your dog.
3. Dogs are only allowed on KP Hole property for the purposes of entering and exiting our clear kayaks for your tour. Otherwise dogs are not allowed at the Park.
4. Please bring a towel for your dog/doggo to sit on for the duration of your tour. This helps protect our kayaks from any scratches.
5. Please use promo code “DOG” when reserving your tour online on our website. This is solely for purposes of giving our tour guides a heads up.
6. We do have a combined weight limit of 425lbs per kayak and 225lbs per seat. Please be sure to account for your dog for the total weight. This is to help ensure the safety of you and everyone else on the tour.
7. HAVE FUN and TAKE PICS! We love sharing pictures of you and your dog at Rainbow Springs! So please share any fun pictures you take along the way by sending us an email, or tagging us on social media @GetUpAndGoRainbowSprings!
We have overflow parking available at a nearby Winn-Dixie: address: 10051 US-41, Dunnellon, FL 34432. Give us a call and we will arrange for our shuttle driver to pick you up from here. We suggest arriving a bit early to make sure you have enough time to find appropriate parking.
Yes! Our guides opt as great photographers and know all of the great photo op locations. Just hand them over your phone or camera for them to grab a few shots for you!
While wildlife can’t be guaranteed, we have seen some form of wildlife on every tour. We typically do not see gators. When we have seen one they prefer their space and stay up on the shore sunbathing.
Yes, due to the millions of gallons of fresh water pumped out by the springs daily we have yet to see a cloudy water day on the river.
Spanish & Portuguese Tours Offered
WE OFFER SPECIALIZED TOURS FOR SPANISH & PORTUGUESE SPEAKERS EVERY MONTH
Co-Owner + LEad Guide
Meet Sam! Sam, originally from IL, is an adventure seeker at heart and passionate of all things outdoors! In her spare time you can catch her hanging at the beach either surfing, snorkeling, or scuba diving. She enjoys traveling to different parts of the world, so be sure to share your epic travel stories with her on your next paddle! Sam also has an eye for spotting out wildlife on tours!
Co-Owner + Lead Guide
Meet Mario! Originally from Miami, FL and could be considered a nature enthusiast. He is a Rollins College Alumni, with an International Business degree in Global Brand Management and International Franchising. Growing up speaking both Spanish and English, Mario can also communicate in Mandarin, Portuguese, and French… making him multilingual! In addition to studying at Rollins, Mario also took his studies overseas and spent time studying in China. In his free time he enjoys traveling and experiencing new cultures. So ask away for some interesting stories and/or share your own on your next tour with Mario!
Meet Alec! Alec is originally from Dunnellon, Florida and an avid huntsman! He grew up swimming and diving through Rainbow River – making him a native of the Springs! Talk to him about the open season or lasso him into the history of Rainbow’s crystalline waters and boomtown era. He’s a great marksman but even more fun of a guide!
Meet Patrick! Patrick lives for adventure! He has traveled most of the eastern US, as well as Peru, Panama, Columbia and a few spots in between! He enjoys exploring, learning new things, and most of all just experiencing life! Fun fact: Patrick has broken nearly 26 bones in his lifetime (wow) – but has that stopped him from living life to the fullest? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Also – he is great at taking photos for guests when out on a tour – so don’t be shy to ask him!
Meet Trevor! Trevor is truly a local! He grew up in the Crystal River/Citrus Springs area. He played football and did weightlifting for Crystal Springs High School. In his spare time he enjoys anything outdoors, on the water, and fishing around the area. Trevor’s future plans are to attend Santa Fe College and get his associates degree in Exercise and Sports Science – both things he is very passionate about!
Brooke is always on the lookout for an adventure. She has her degree in Animal Science from Sam Houston State University and plans to get her masters in Wildlife Biology. Born in New Mexico and raised in Texas, she is not a native Floridian, but don’t let that fool you because she has a vast knowledge of the ecosystem. Her favorite ways to pass time include hiking with her two dogs, fishing, photography, creating art, training horses, traveling, and exploring the great outdoors.