ABOUT THE TOUR
Rock Springs is a great trip for those looking for crystal clear water in our crystal clear kayaks only a short distance from Orlando!
This adventure includes an intermediate paddle upstream starting from Kings Landing with a relaxing drift back to the launch site.
The first half of the paddle is a little bit of a work out but the float back is worth the effort!
There are several deeper areas (4-6 feet deep) where participants can take a quick swim if they choose.
The majority of the paddle is only about 2-4 feet deep which make it easy for getting out to enjoy the water on one of our few breaks along the way!
Nature surrounds the clear spring water everywhere you turn.
Animals you may see: turtles, birds, fish, otters, deer, alligators, and more!
OUR LAUNCH SITE AT KING'S LANDING
Get In Touch
available from 8:00am – 5:00pm
We encourage you to bring the following:
- Swimsuit/Clothes that you don’t mind getting a little wet.
- The paddles will drip a little bit of water into the boat so a change of clothes may be necessary afterwards.
- We will also have the opportunity to get out of the kayaks and in the water so a bathing suit is recommended.
- Please apply prior to entering the boat and allow it to dry as best as possible.
- Shoes that can get wet/sandals (we do not allow these to be worn in the boat as they may scratch the kayaks).
- Towel for after the trip.
- Ziplock bag to store any items you wish to take on the boat.
- Any extra gear you’d like. Remember- the less gear, the more visibility through the kayak.
- Expect to see some nature, wildlife/marine life and learn about the surrounding area.
- Every tour is given on one of our 100% clear kayaks.
- Our fleet is small (5 kayaks) so expect an exclusive experience (no more than 10 people at a time).
- Private tours are available per request.
- Our guides are always helpful and entertaining (and they love tips).
- Be prepared to have fun.
Children are allowed but required by law at age 7 or under to wear life jackets at all times on the water. The ability of your child to sit in a kayak for the duration of our tour is completely up to the parent. We do require children that are 50 pounds or under to bring their own life jacket as the size is very specific and safety is of utmost important.
Our tours are made for any skill levels to participate, we will have basic tips and tricks to help you maneuver the waterways. Some paddling may be considered intermediate but we try our best to paddle at a pace that is convenient for every paddler! We do require all guests to stay with the group.
This is completely up to you. If you feel as though the experience executed by the guide is worthy of a tip, please do! Tips are greatly appreciated. We like to say, “If you enjoyed your ride, tip your guide”!
Our weight limit is no more than 250 pounds per person and no more than 425 pounds per 2 people that are in the same kayak. All of our kayaks are double kayaks. Please let us know while making your booking if this may be an issue.
Our 100% see through kayaks are made of GE™ Lexan™ 6mm which is commonly used in bulletproof glass, fighter jet canopies, and submarine viewports!
It is not required but we do ask that you are comfortable on the water. We do provide life jackets for all guests to ensure an extra level of safety as well.
Each of our kayaks are tandem (made for 2 paddlers). However, the seats are removable and if you have an odd number of paddlers in your party we are able to accommodate the kayak as a single.
Keep in mind, the same 250 pound PER person weight limit still applies even if taking a kayak as a single.
Trips that are canceled by Get Up And Go Kayaking due to inclement weather, will not be charged; if your card has been charged prior to the trip, all funds will be refunded.
Reservations that are cancelled 48 hours or more before a scheduled trip will not be charged. Those that are cancelled or in need of rescheduling within the 48 hour window of departure will not be offered a refund nor rescheduling.
No-show participants will be charged full price unless cancelled outside of 48 hours. This includes showing up with less paddlers than the original amount booked for.
Cancellations must be done by phone or email at least 48 hours prior to the tour. You will receive a reply once your trip has been cancelled.
**Get Up And Go Kayaking will not launch in unsafe weather conditions. Because of this, trips may need to be cancelled or rescheduled due to safety issues. If this is the case, your reservation will be refunded in full (if it has already been paid). We will not be held responsible for any reservation that you fail to keep due to any unforeseen circumstances. We also reserve the right to change or cancel any tours due to circumstances beyond our control. In this instance, Get Up And Go Kayaking can refund the tour price, not any other expenses that may have been incurred.**