Our Manatee Tour is a great option for those looking for clear water and manatees sightings in our crystal clear kayaks! Includes a beginner/intermediate paddle through Kings Bay to different waterways of Crystal River where manatee are typically active.
Explore “Old Florida” on The Chassahowitzka with us
Explore “Old Florida” on The Chassahowitzka with us!
Come explore old Florida on this unique 3-hour tour in 100% CLEAR kayaks! We will paddle through the lush, spring-fed waterways of the Chassahowitzka River, affectionately known to us locals as the Chaz.
The Chaz is surrounded by protected land, guaranteeing a truly natural, unspoiled Florida experience. Share the water with manatees, dolphins, alligators, river otters, and countless species of fish, and keep your eyes peeled for any of the unique species of birds above.
- Tour Length: 3 Hours
- All Ages
COME PADDLE WITH US! PICK A DAY & BOOK NOW!
↠ ABOUT THE TOUR ↞
The Chassahowitzka River is a beautiful natural spring-fed river in Florida that offers great opportunities for kayaking. The river is known for its crystal clear waters, lush vegetation, and abundant wildlife, including manatees, otters, turtles, and various species of birds.
While on this tour, you will have a personalized experience from our 5-star rated guides! Our guides will provide you with some of the history of the river (there are A LOT of amazing facts about this river!) as well as help spot various wildlife!
Learn about this AMAZING place from your 5-star Guide!
This tour begins and ends at Seven Sisters Campground located on a canal just off the main river. We’ll paddle to Seven Sisters Springs, where the natural underwater limestone creates several small cave tunnels that connect to each other, making it possible to dive from one opening to the next! Then, paddle downstream to Baird Creek, a winding stream that is only accessible by small paddle crafts and is like a scene from Jurassic Park.
Once we reach the end of Baird Creek, you will land at the hidden gem of what is known as “The Crack,” a beautiful natural spring surrounded by forest, usually accessed on foot! After a refreshing dip, we will paddle back to Seven Sisters Campground to complete the tour!
Our Guides love taking picture for you, so please don’t hesitate to ask!
↠ OUR CHAZ STICKER ↞
↠ MEET OUR TEAM ↞
Ryan was born and raised in the state of Florida and loves spending time outdoors especially, kayaking, creating natural artwork with driftwood and air plants, and teaching others about nature in the beautiful state of Florida. Ryan’s true passion is Florida and the beauty of the natural world.
Izzy is originally from Washington State. She decided to move to Florida moved to be able to enjoy the wonderful nature and wildlife every day! On her days off she enjoys paddle boarding, biking, and exploring new springs!
James is an Army Infantry Veteran who grew up in middle Tennessee. He has a love of the outdoors and nature. He spent several years building an off grid homestead, before buying an RV and traveling around the entire country for 2 years exploring all the different national parks. In his travels he discovered Crystal River and decided to make it his home. In his free time he enjoys paddle boarding, hiking, fishing and meeting new people on his adventures.
TOP-RATED CHAZ RIVER KAYAK TOURS
Frequently Asked Questions
- Reservations are required for all tours.
- There is a $10 Parking Fee per Seven Sisters Campground – you will need to pay by the entrance upon arrival. Their office is located to the right once you enter the campground!
- Pets are allowed on the tour as long as the weight limit is not exceeded.
- Alcohol is prohibited
- Manatees and other wildlife are wild! We cannot guarantee sightings though we do our best to take you to the places where we are most likely to see them based on the day’s conditions!
- Please do NOT put sunscreen on the back of your legs because it eats the clarity away and cannot be cleaned off
We encourage you to bring the following:
- Water (preferably in a reusable water bottle)
- Swimsuit/clothes that you don’t mind getting a little wet
- Shoes that can get wet/sandals
- Towel for after the trip
- Any extra gear you’d like! Remember – the less gear, the more visibility through the kayak!
We will provide you with the following:
- Dry bags to store your personal items
- Safety equipment including lifejackets and whistles
- A clear kayak with seats and paddles
- A knowledgeable tour guide
- Every tour is given on one of our 100% clear kayaks.
- Our fleet is small (5 kayaks) so expect an exclusive experience (no more than 10 people at a time).
- Our guides are always helpful and entertaining (and they love tips)
- Yes, children are welcome on our tours!
- We require children 30 pounds or under to bring their own Coast Guard approved life jacket as the size is very specific and safety is of utmost importance.
- We require one adult per each child under age 14.
This is an intermediate paddle. Our guides will help if it is your first time!
Tips are greatly appreciated. Our guides work very hard to provide all guests with an unforgettable memory! Standard US gratuity is 20%!
No more than 425 pounds per boat (two guests) and no more than 250 pounds per seat (individual)
Each of our kayaks are tandem (made for 2 paddlers). However, the seats are removable and if you have an odd number of paddlers in your party we are able to accommodate the kayak as a single.
Keep in mind, the same 250 pound PER person weight limit still applies even if taking a kayak out as a single.
Pets are allowed to come on tours as long as the weight limit is not exceeded.
Trips that are canceled by Get Up And Go Kayaking due to inclement weather, will be rescheduled or refunded.
Reservations that are canceled 48 hours or more before a scheduled trip will not be charged. Those that are canceled or in need of rescheduling within the 48 hour window of departure time will be charged full price.
No-show participants will be charged full price unless canceled outside of 48 hours. This includes showing up with less paddlers than the original amount booked for.
Get Up And Go Kayaking will not launch in unsafe weather conditions. Because of this, trips may need to be canceled or rescheduled due to safety issues. If this is the case, your reservation will be refunded in full (if it has already been paid). We will not be held responsible for any reservation that you fail to keep due to any unforeseen circumstances. We also reserve the right to change or cancel any tours due to circumstances beyond our control. In this instance, Get Up And Go Kayaking can refund the tour price, not any other expenses that may have been incurred.
↠ THE CHAZ CLEAR KAYAK TOUR VIDEO ↞
↠ GET IN TOUCH ↞
Send Us a Message
Call or Text Us
(Available from 8:00am – 5:00pm)
Call or Text Us
(Available from 8:00am – 5:00pm)
Give the Gift of Adventure by Purchasing a Gift Card!
*Gift Card is location specific