Come explore old Florida on this unique 3-hour tour in 100% CLEAR kayaks! We will paddle through the lush, spring-fed waterways of the Chassahowitzka River, affectionately known to us locals as the Chaz. The Chaz is surrounded by protected land, guaranteeing a truly natural, unspoiled Florida experience. Share the water with manatees, dolphins, alligators, river otters, and countless species of fish, and keep your eyes peeled for any of the unique species of birds above.
This tour begins and ends at Seven Sisters Campground located on a canal just off the main river. We’ll paddle to Seven Sisters Springs, where the natural underwater limestone creates several small cave tunnels that connect to each other, making it possible to dive from one opening to the next! Then, paddle downstream to Baird Creek, a winding stream that is only accessible by small paddle crafts and is like a scene from Jurassic Park.
We will pass through the lagoon of Blue Springs then onward towards the hidden gem of what is known as “The Crack,” a beautiful natural spring surrounded by forest, usually accessed on foot! After a refreshing dip and a ride on the famous rope swing, we will paddle back upriver to round out the end of the tour.
Water shoes and goggles are recommended for maximum exploration potential! Kayaks, paddles, life jackets, and small dry bags will be provided. Swimming is not required, but we may walk through some waterways, so a towel is recommended! We can’t wait to paddle with you.
Our clear kayak adventures are guided eco tours only, we do not offer rentals at this time!
- Swimsuit/Clothes that you don’t mind getting a little wet.
o We may have the opportunity to get out and swim in the refreshing spring
waters so wearing a bathing suit is advisable!
– Water bottle if desired!
– Sunscreen/sunglasses/hat for skin safety
o Please apply prior to entering the boat and allow it to dry as best as
– Shoes that can get wet/sandals (we do not allow these to be worn in the boat as they may scratch the kayaks). We will bring these in the back of your kayak with
you in case you’d like to wear them while walking on the sandy bottom or rocks.
– Towel for after the trip.
– Change of clothes for after the trip if desired.
– Ziplock bag to store any items you wish to take on the boat if necessary. We will also have dry bags available but this is just an extra precaution to keep your items from getting wet!
– Any extra gear you’d like. Remember- the less gear, the more visibility through the kayak.
– Disposable containers (Cans, plastic, glass, plastic foam or paper)
– Any alcoholic beverages
– Oil based liquids (Sunscreen, Lotion etc.)
– Tobacco products
– Every tour is given on one of our 100% clear tandem (double) kayaks.
– Our fleet is small (5 kayaks) so expect an exclusive experience (no more than 10 people at a time). Larger parties may be available by request.
– We charge per person/seat. You will be in a kayak with another member of your party or the guide depending on numbers! For questions regarding a solo kayak,
please call (352) 834-1556
– Our guides are always helpful and entertaining (and they love tips)! They do their best to show you Florida’s nature and wildlife/marine life while informing you
about the surrounding area.
– Upon completing your reservation, you will receive an email with the information you need to know about the tour (where/when to meet, what to bring, etc.)!
– We cannot guarantee the sighting of any manatee (even in the middle of manatee season in November – March).
– The manatees come and go with changing weather conditions. The most important factor is air + water temperatures. If the air temperature is cold typically
there will be more manatees along our paddle.
– Our guides know the best spots to find them and
that’s where we’ll take you!
– Yes! We encourage you to wear a bathing suit and bring a towel as we will have the opportunity to get out of the kayaks to swim!
– Trips that are canceled by Get Up And Go Kayaking due to inclement weather, will be rescheduled or refunded.
– Reservations that are cancelled 48 hours or more before a scheduled trip will not be charged. Those that are cancelled or in need of rescheduling within the 48
hour window of departure will be charged full price.
– No-show participants will be charged full price unless cancelled outside of 48 hours. This includes showing up with less paddlers than the original amount
– **Get Up And Go Kayaking will not launch in unsafe weather conditions. Because of this, trips may need to be cancelled or rescheduled due to safety issues. If this
is the case, your reservation will be refunded in full (if it has already been paid). We will not be held responsible for any reservation that you fail to keep due to any unforeseen circumstances. We also reserve the right to change or cancel any tours due to circumstances beyond our control. In this instance, Get Up And Go Kayaking can refund the tour price, not any other expenses that may have
– We charge $25 per kayak to join our tour. Please call (352) 834-1556 if you would like to book for a future tour!
Get In Touch
available from 8:00am – 5:00pm