Crystal River is a great trip for those looking for clear water in our crystal clear kayaks with high chances of viewing wildlife. Includes a beginner/intermediate paddle through Kings Bay to the pristine waters of Jurassic Spring, Hunter Spring, and more!
Crystal River Manatee Season Clear Kayak Tour
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 11 & Under
Kayak with Manatees in Crystal River in our 100% clear kayaks!
Have you ever seen a manatee through a clear kayak? The spring-fed waterways of Crystal River, FL make for the perfect setting to mark this off your bucket list! Our guided clear kayak tours launch into Kings Bay, which is fed by over 70 fresh water springs, making it the largest natural refuge for manatees in the winter months. Our two-hour nature tours give you a once in a lifetime look at the gentle giants from the comfort of a clear kayak.
This tour takes you to many of the famous springs of Crystal River, where countless manatees and other aquatic creatures call home. The 360 degree view you get from paddling in a clear kayak is unbeatable, and our small group tours make for a personalized experience that is better than the rest. Come see for yourself and book now!
Look for incredible wildlife while you take in the scenery!
Keep your eyes peeled for Manatees, Dolphin, Fish, Birds and more!
Crystal River, Florida is home to a diverse range of wildlife, but it is perhaps best known for its population of West Indian Manatees. During the winter months, manatees congregate in the warm waters of the Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge, providing visitors with a unique opportunity to view these gentle giants up close.
In addition to manatees, Crystal River is also home to a variety of other marine animals, including dolphins, sea turtles, and a variety of fish species. The area is also home to numerous bird species, including the American Bald Eagle, Osprey, and Great Blue Heron.
Overall, the diverse range of wildlife in Crystal River, paired with our clear kayaks offer a completely different perspective on the natural beauty of Crystal River, allowing you to see the underwater world beneath you as you paddle! We can’t wait to make some unforgettable memories with you soon!
Learn about Crystal River from your 5-star rated eco-tour guide!
Our clear kayak tours are led by 5-star guides committed to giving you a 5-star experience. You can expect more than a simple paddle around Crystal River looking for manatees through your kayaks! Our trained guides will provide valuable insights into the history, ecology, and cultural significance of the area, while sharing fun facts and stories that will surely make you laugh. You will leave this tour with more than memorable views and manatee encounters, you’ll learn something new and have fun doing it!
During the tour we will practice passive observation with the safety of the manatees and our guests as our top priority. If we see any manatees, we will do our best to ensure each guest has a memorable interaction while respecting the space and natural movement of the animals! Our guides are trained on the laws of the water, so be sure to take their direction so we are all abiding our Manatee Manners!
Crystal River is the perfect destination for kayaking, with its warm and clear waters, abundant wildlife, and stunning natural scenery. So why not join us for a kayaking adventure in a clear kayak and experience the beauty of this unique destination in a whole new way?
Crystal River Clear Kayaking FAQ's
- Reservations are required for all tours.
- There is a $5 Parking Fee per the city – you will need to pay by the entrance upon arrival.
- Pets are allowed on the tour as long as the weight limit is not exceeded.
- Alcohol is prohibited
- Manatees and other wildlife are wild! We cannot guarantee sightings though we do our best to take you to the places where we are most likely to see them based on the day’s conditions!
Please do NOT put sunscreen on the back of your legs because it eats the clarity away and cannot be cleaned off.
We encourage you to bring the following:
- Water (preferably in a reusable water bottle)
- Swimsuit/clothes that you don’t mind getting a little wet
- Shoes that can get wet/sandals
- Towel for after the trip
- Any extra gear you’d like! Remember – the less gear, the more visibility through the kayak!
We will provide you with the following:
- Dry bags to store your personal items
- Safety equipment including lifejackets and whistles
- A clear kayak with seats and paddles
- A knowledgeable tour guide
- Every tour is given on one of our 100% clear kayaks.
- Our fleet is small (5 kayaks) so expect an exclusive experience (no more than 10 people at a time).
- Our guides are always helpful and entertaining (and they love tips).
- We will NOT have access to Three Sisters Springs from April 1st – November 14th due to the “Canal Stabilization Project”
- Yes, children are welcome on our tours!
- We require children 30 pounds or under to bring their own Coast Guard approved life jacket as the size is very specific and safety is of utmost importance.
- We require one adult per each child under age 11.
This is a beginner paddle, so you do not need prior experience!
Tips are greatly appreciated. Our guides work very hard to provide all guests with an unforgettable memory! Standard US gratuity is 20%!
No more than 425 pounds per boat (two guests) and no more than 250 pounds per seat (individual)
Each of our kayaks are tandem (made for 2 paddlers). However, the seats are removable and if you have an odd number of paddlers in your party we are able to accommodate the kayak as a single.
Keep in mind, the same 250 pound PER person weight limit still applies even if taking a kayak out as a single.
Trips that are canceled by Get Up And Go Kayaking due to inclement weather, will be rescheduled or refunded.
Reservations that are canceled 48 hours or more before a scheduled trip will not be charged. Those that are canceled or in need of rescheduling within the 48 hour window of departure time will be charged full price.
No-show participants will be charged full price unless canceled outside of 48 hours. This includes showing up with less paddlers than the original amount booked for.
Get Up And Go Kayaking will not launch in unsafe weather conditions. Because of this, trips may need to be canceled or rescheduled due to safety issues. If this is the case, your reservation will be refunded in full (if it has already been paid). We will not be held responsible for any reservation that you fail to keep due to any unforeseen circumstances. We also reserve the right to change or cancel any tours due to circumstances beyond our control. In this instance, Get Up And Go Kayaking can refund the tour price, not any other expenses that may have been incurred.