State Parks Near Marianna Florida
Marianna, Florida is a small town that is home to several stunning state parks. Whether you’re looking to hike, swim, or simply enjoy the natural beauty of the area, there’s a state park nearby that is sure to meet your needs. Here’s a closer look at some of the best state parks near and in Marianna, Florida:
- Florida Caverns State Park – Florida Caverns State Park is located just outside of Marianna and is known for its stunning limestone caverns. Visitors can take a guided tour of the caverns, which includes a walk through several underground rooms and a chance to see stalactites and stalagmites. The park also offers several hiking trails and a swimming area.
- Three Rivers State Park – Three Rivers State Park is located about 40 minutes north of Marianna and is situated where the Chattahoochee, Flint, and Apalachicola Rivers meet. Visitors can enjoy boating, fishing, as well as hiking and camping in the surrounding forests.
- Falling Waters State Park – Falling Waters State Park is located about 30 minutes west of Marianna and is home to Florida’s highest waterfall. Visitors can take a short hike to see the waterfall, as well as explore the park’s sinkholes and natural springs. The park also offers a picnic area and campground.
- Torreya State Park – Torreya State Park is located about an hour northwest of Marianna and is known for its stunning views of the Apalachicola River. The park offers several hiking trails, as well as camping and fishing opportunities.
- St. Andrews State Park – St. Andrews State Park is located about an hour south of Marianna and is situated on the Gulf of Mexico. Visitors can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and snorkeling in the clear waters of the Gulf, as well as hiking and camping in the surrounding forests.