Manatee Season Tours
DECEMBER - MARCH
2021 Manatee Season has ended. Tours will resume next winter!
Our Tarpon Springs kayak tour has several historical, picturesque stops along the way where guests will hear a bit about local history, wildlife, marine life, and plant life! We have multiple daytime tour options available Friday, Saturdays and Sundays!
350 N Spring Blvd, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
Call Us: (727) 265-2268
CHECK OUT OUR TOUR BELOW
Looking for some other great must-do’s in the Tarpon Springs area? Check out our list below of some local favorites!
THINGS TO DO IN TARPON SPRINGS, FL Spring Bayou nicknamed the “Golden Crescent” due to the hue of the naturally brackish waters is home to more than just manatees, tarpon, and osprey; it has an abundant amount of history and rich culture around its bayous. During your clear kayaking tour,
Get In Touch
available from 8:00am – 5:00pm
We encourage you to bring the following:
- Swimsuit/Clothes that you don’t mind getting a little wet.
- The paddles will drip a little bit of water into the boat so a change of clothes may be necessary afterwards.
- Please apply prior to entering the boat and allow it to dry as best as possible.
- Shoes that can get wet/sandals (we do not allow these to be worn in the boat as they may scratch the kayaks).
- Towel for after the trip.
- Ziplock bag to store any items you wish to take on the boat.
- Any extra gear you’d like. Remember- the less gear, the more visibility through the kayak.
- Expect to see some nature, wildlife/marine life and learn about the surrounding area.
- Every tour is given on one of our 100% clear kayaks.
- Our fleet is small (5 kayaks) so expect an exclusive experience (no more than 10 people at a time).
- Private tours are available per request.
- Our guides are always helpful and entertaining (and they love tips).
- Be prepared to have fun.
- Be on the lookout for manatees!
- This tour is typically only given in the winter months (manatee season).
Children are allowed but required by law at age 7 or under to wear life jackets at all times on the water. The ability of your child to sit in a kayak for the duration of our tour is completely up to the parent. We do require children that are 50 pounds or under to bring their own life jacket as the size is very specific and safety is of utmost important.
Our tours are made for any skill levels to participate, we will have basic tips and tricks to help you maneuver the waterways. Some paddling may be considered intermediate but we try our best to paddle at a pace that is convenient for every paddler! We do require all guests to stay with the group.
This is completely up to you. If you feel as though the experience executed by the guide is worthy of a tip, please do! Tips are greatly appreciated. We like to say, “If you enjoyed your ride, tip your guide”!
Our weight limit is no more than 250 pounds per person and no more than 425 pounds per 2 people that are in the same kayak. All of our kayaks are double kayaks. Please let us know while making your booking if this may be an issue.
Our 100% see through kayaks are made of GE™ Lexan™ 6mm which is commonly used in bulletproof glass, fighter jet canopies, and submarine viewports!
It is not required but we do ask that you are comfortable on the water. We do provide life jackets for all guests to ensure an extra level of safety as well.
Each of our kayaks are tandem (made for 2 paddlers). However, the seats are removable and if you have an odd number of paddlers in your party we are able to accommodate the kayak as a single.
Keep in mind, the same 250 pound PER person weight limit still applies even if taking a kayak as a single.
Trips that are canceled by Get Up And Go Kayaking due to inclement weather, will not be charged; if your card has been charged prior to the trip, all funds will be refunded.
Reservations that are cancelled 48 hours or more before a scheduled trip will not be charged. Those that are cancelled or in need of rescheduling within the 48 hour window of departure will be charged full price.
No-show participants will be charged full price unless cancelled outside of 48 hours. This includes showing up with less paddlers than the original amount booked for.
Cancellations must be done by phone. We accept email cancellations as long as they are at least 4 days prior to the scheduled tour. You will receive a reply once your trip has been cancelled.
**Get Up And Go Kayaking will not launch in unsafe weather conditions. Because of this, trips may need to be cancelled or rescheduled due to safety issues. If this is the case, your reservation will be refunded in full (if it has already been paid). We will not be held responsible for any reservation that you fail to keep due to any unforeseen circumstances. We also reserve the right to change or cancel any tours due to circumstances beyond our control. In this instance, Get Up And Go Kayaking can refund the tour price, not any other expenses that may have been incurred.**