Top 5 Fun Things to do in the Jupiter Area
TOP 5 FUN THINGS TO DO IN THE JUPITER AREA
While there’s plenty to do in the Jupiter & surrounding areas. We’ve come up with our TOP 5 FUN things to do right here in Jupiter, Florida.
5. Loggerhead Marine Life Center. Located in nearby Juno, the marine center is committed to conservation of ocean ecosystems through public education, research and rehabilitation with the main focus on threatened and endangered sea turtles. The center has on onsite hospital, learning exhibits, gift shop and aquariums. During sea turtle nesting season, you can take a walk to see the nesting turtles up close!
4. The River Center is located in Burt Reynolds Park. With over 6000 gallons of fresh and saltwater aquariums, visitors can see many creatures that call the nearby Loxahatchee River home. They also have interactive exhibits, as well as, a touch tank. This is a great place for kids and adults to learn about our marine eco systems and have lots of fun along the way!
3. Blowing Rocks Preserve is part of a peaceful barrier island sanctuary. There are 73 protected acres with beautiful views of native plants, beachfront dunes, mangrove swamps and tropical hardwood forests. There are short walking trails with an educational center and butterfly garden to keep everyone engaged. If you want to see the phenomenon that creates “blowing rocks, then come when the seas are building and see the saltwater squirt up to 50 feet through the largest limestone shelf on the Atlantic Ocean. If you visit on a warm, sunny day, enjoy the mile Long Beach and turquoise water.
2. Jupiter Lighthouse and Museum. Standing proud since 1860, tours of the 151 feet tall landmark are held daily. Climb the 151 stairs to the top of the lighthouse and see up to 28 miles out to the ocean! Meander through history in the museum and check out old photographs, documents, maps, books and educational presentations. Also on the property are various galleries, and outdoor structures, including a fascinating pioneer home.
1. Clear kayaking tour! Book your tour with Get Up And Go Kayaking and enjoy your water adventure In the area’s only guided 100% clear kayaking tour. We launch from the sandy beach of Jupiter Pointe Club and Marina and make our way down the clear blue water of the intracoastal. Keep a lookout for various marine life such as manatee, sea turtles, starfish, conch, sea urchin and sea cucumbers. This is a great chance to learn about all the local marine life and make memories with friends and family!